Academic Counseling Services
To further limit the potential of COVID-19 spreading within our local community, City College of San Francisco temporarily suspended face to face student services and instruction effective Friday March 13. Starting March 30, Student Services will continue offering remote services and you can continue to receive resources from our department websites and COVID-19 Corona Virus Response FAQs.
For questions or to request assistance effective March 30 please contact:
Remote appointments, by Zoom conference, phone or email are available beginning March 30th!
NOTE: You will receive a phone call from the counselor at the time of your appointment. The number may be blocked or look unfamiliar. Please answer the phone at the time of your scheduled appointment.
Enter your upcoming appointment in your calendar as a reminder.
Academic Counseling Services has a staff of professional counselors with extensive experience in college counseling. Their backgrounds include career, academic and personal counseling.
Within the Continuing Student Counseling Department, we assist students in developing skills to succeed in college, graduate, earn certificates, transfer, and to create and to maintain meaningful careers.
Our program of counseling services and courses will guide students to:
- Apply self-assessment information to academic and career exploration.
- Construct and take proactive steps to manage and overcome academic and personal obstacles.
- Compare and contrast college majors and transfer institutions thoroughly before making a decision.
- Identify and analyze their rights and responsibilities.
- Apply research skills while taking action to create academic, career, and life options.
- Recognize and value diversity within themselves and among others.
Counseling Services are an essential part of the mission of City College of San Francisco. These services include:
- Academic counseling for course/major selection
- Career/vocational guidance
- Referral to on and off-campus resources
Educational Plans for:
- Certificate Programs
- Associate of Arts, Associate of Science & Associate Degrees for Transfer
- Transfer to four year universities and colleges
AB 705 and You