The New Student Counseling Department is one of the departments on campus which administers the Goldman Scholarships which are in very limited supply each semester. This scholarship provides $500 per semester renewable to:
1. CCSF students taking UC or CSU transfer courses ONLY who intend to transfer to a 4-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s (baccalaureate) degree; or
2. CCSF students seeking a certificate or associate degree in an occupational area and not enrolled in any pre-collegiate basic skills courses; or
3. CCSF students taking one or more pre-collegiate basic skills courses who wish to complete an occupational certificate, associate’s degree, or a bachelor’s (baccalaureate) degree.
This scholarship is payable in two semester installments; one installment at the beginning of the semester and one after mid-term.
Please make an appointment with Marie Osborne if you are interested in applying before submitting your application to determine your eligibility. You may contact the department by calling 415239-3296 or coming in to E-205, 2nd floor of Conlan Hall for an appointment.
College Readiness Scholarship
The New Student Counseling Department is coordinating a College Readiness Scholarship Program that awards up to a total of $2000 to selected eligible candidates. $500 will be awarded within 4 semesters in two disbursements each semester.
The following is the criteria:
1) Maintain a minimum of nine (9) credit units.
2) Completed at least one Basic Skills course.
3) Be enrolled in one Basic Skills class each semester the award is given.
4) Maintain a Term and Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
5) Students may participate in only one of the following scholarship programs: The Richard Goldman Scholars, the Mosaic Scholars, College Readiness Program or the CalWORKS Basic Skill Program.
Renewable eligibility based on the following requirements:
1) Must attend two appointments with a program counselor during each semester when scholarship funds are being awarded
2) Have an updated counselor-prepared or electronic education plan every semester
3) Participate in at least one academic enrichment session designated by your counselor each semester.
A complete application includes:
1) Complete application
2) A personal statement
3) An Unofficial transcript with courses-in-progress (obtainable.ccsf.edu)