The City College Hunger Free Campus Initiative presents the On-Demand Food Shelves pilot program.
Many college students face food insecurity. We are working with Associated Students and other campus groups to alleviate hunger, and address food insecurity on campus.
We know you can’t do your best work as a student when you’re hungry, so we have stocked shelves at 6 locations around campus with ready-to-eat snacks.
All students are welcome to participate in the program at any location.
How it works:
- Enjoy up to 2 items per day from the Food Shelves.
Food Shelf Locations & Hours for Fall 2018
|Queer Resource Center||Bungalow 201|| |
|The LINK Center||MUB 301|| |
|HARTS||Student Union/MLK Rm. B|| |
|Women’s Resource Center||Smith Hall 103/4|| |
|African-American Studies Resource Center||Batmale 325|| |
|Jennifer Carlin's Office||
- CalFresh Benefit signups in the Student Health Center on Tuesdays from 10am-12pm. Click here for details.
- Food Pantry Information (Spanish and English)
- Free Meal Information (Spanish).
Food Security Survey Results: You are not alone!
The City College Food Pantry Work Group surveyed approximately 1100 students enrolled in English courses on the Ocean Campus in Fall 2017.
- 41% of respondents qualified as food insecure, based on USDA criteria.
- 20% of respondents were deemed to have very low food security.
More information about the survey can be found here.