Guardian Scholars Program
The Guardian Scholars Program is committed to helping students exiting the foster care system by providing a comprehensive support program to help you complete an A.A./A.S. degree, complete a certificate program, or transfer to a four-year institution.
- We help you navigate the unknown waters of a college education to access the key resources when they are most needed.
- We connect you to college and community resources based upon your individual needs so you can realize your dreams.
- We encourage you to create academic goals and explore your career interests.
How the Guardian Scholars Program Works
The Financial Aid Office serves as home base for the program. We identify individual needs and provide you the resources you need to succeed. For most students this will include a Chafee Grant, financial aid access, transportation assistance, textbook credit, health service referrals, and academic/career counseling.
Guardian Scholars Eligibility Requirements:
- Highly motivated current or former foster youth up to age 25
- At least one year in foster care
- Apply for admission to CCSF
- Take Math and English placement tests
- Meet with an Academic Counselor to create an Educational Plan
Interested to Learn More?
For more information on the program contact:
Elaine V. Bautista, Program Coordinator