Private Educational (Alternative) Loans

  1. We Strongly suggest you consider Federal and State financial aid, including Federal Direct Loans first.
  2. Since City College of San Francisco Financial Aid Office does not maintain preferred lender list, you may check website for participating lenders.
  3. The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) require the private education lender to obtain the complete and signed Self-Certification Form  from the student, private loan applicant.   The Financial Aid Office can help you with the information necessary to fill out Section 2 of the form to the extent that we process the information.