City College of San Francisco offers Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. Students applying for a loan no longer need to select a lender. The U.S. Department of Education will be the lender. Loan eligibility requires a student to be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at an eligible institution. City College of San Francisco does not participate in Direct PLUS loans, Alternative and/or Private Loans.
Federal Direct Loans
Taking the time now to carefully review the information provided below will help you avoid delays. Evaluate your needs and borrow only what is essential. Loans are monies you must pay back with interest! Keep in mind you must complete the following eligibility requirements to qualify:
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Meet and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Enroll at CCSF in at least 6 units per semester in a program leading to a degree, certificate, and/or transfer.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office and request a Loan Request Form. You will then be given access to the online Financial Literacy Workshop on Web4
- Complete an Online Financial Literacy Workshop on Web4.
- Complete an online Loan Entrance Counseling at www.StudentLoans.gov
- You must not be delinquent or in default on any Federal Student Loan or owe a refund on Federal/State grant.
- You may not exceed annual borrowing limits nor can you exceed the aggregate borrowing limits.
- Before you can be considered for a Direct Loan, you must be considered for other Title IV funds first and must have remaining unmet need after other grants, scholarships, work study programs have been considered.
- Complete and submit a Federal Direct Loan Request Form in person to the Financial Aid Office along with the following documentation:
- Current Driver’s License or State ID (unexpired)
11. Continuing Borrowers Only (including loans received from other institutions): Attach a printout of your past loan activity from the National Student Loan Data System at www.nslds.ed.gov
12. We will inform you via your CCSF Gmail email when you can complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- 2018-2019 Federal Direct Loan Information
- 2019-2020 Federal Direct Loan Information