Types of Aid


  • Federal Pell Grant:  available to undergraduate students only.  This is a grant, which does not have to be repaid.  The maximum pell is $5,645.00 for 2013-2014 academic year.  Students with a bachelor degree or higher are not eligible for pell grant.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG):  awarded at CCSF to students who demonstrate exceptional financial need is $200 per academic year.
  • Federal Work Study (FWS):  provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student's course of study.  If the student works off campus, the employer will usually be a private non-profit organization or a public agency, and the work performed must be in the public interest. The amount earned cannot exceed student's total Federal Work-Study award.
  • Federal Direct Loans (subsidized and/or unsubsidized):  Please check Loans for more details.
  • Study Abroad: 
    Students enrolled in a program of study abroad approved for credit may be considered enrolled at the home institution for the purpose of applying for assistance under the title IV, HEA programs.


For California residents only:

For non-residents of California: