Domestic Transcript Evaluation



Where should I send my transcripts?

  • Due to the shelter-in-place order, transcripts should be sent electronically if at all possible. When sending transcripts, select City College of San Francisco. If an email address is required, students should use
  • If mailing transcripts are the only option, students should use the following address:                      Office of Admission & Records                                                                                        City College of San Francisco                                                                                          50 Frida Kahlo Way, MUB 180                                                                                          San Francisco, CA 94112
  • Transcripts sent directly from students are considered unofficial and will not be accepted by the Office of Admissions & Records. 


What is the purpose of a domestic transcript evaluation?

  • The transcript evaluation does not determine prerequisites, major and transfer requirements. Students should schedule an appointment with a counselor to determine how to use their transcript(s) and to complete an educational plan.
  • Determines how many transfer units CCSF will accept from the student’s other institutions.
  • Determines whether classes completed at CCSF and other institutions fulfill general education areas for the associate’s degree.
  • The domestic transcript evaluation is separate from the international transcript evaluation. Please contact the graduation department at for questions regarding international transcripts.


What are the requirements to have my transcript(s) evaluated?

  1. A student must currently be enrolled in classes or have completed at least one CCSF course.
  2. All official transcripts from each school attended must be turned into the Office of Admissions and Records.
  3. domestic transcript evaluation form must be filled out and submitted in person or with a photo ID to


Which schools does CCSF accept transfer units from?

We accept transfer credits from postsecondary schools with the following regional accreditation commissions:

  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
  • Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA) 
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
  • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) 
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)


How long does the evaluation take?

Completed evaluations will take approximately 1-2 weeks and will be emailed to students.


I want my credits tranferred in to meet prerequisites for classes I want to take. Do I complete the transcript evaluation?

Please note that the domestic transcript evaluation does not determine prerequisites. It is for the sole purpose of obtaining an associate's degree from CCSF.

Please visit their website or contact the prerequisite office at for more details.