What is an Ombudsman?
Ombudsman is a confidential, impartial, and informal resource designed to assist the student community in managing and resolving specific concerns.
Ombudsman services include but are not limited to academic concerns, student services concerns, student-teacher conflict resolution, student-student conflict resolution, due process. Serve as a general information center, provides students with policies and procedures to follow in order to pursue their concerns or complaint.
How We Help
Our office can assist in hearing specific concerns and reccomending next steps depending on the type of process the student should follow in order to resolve a complaint, conflict or issue. Appointment are recommended, hours that the ombudsperson is available are limited.
- Listen impartially and provide unbiased feedback
- Explain grade disupte process
- Refer students to appropriate complaint process
- Provide confidential methods to address concerns
- Refer students to appropriate services and resources
- Foster resolutions to deescalate conflict
- Empower students to adress their concerns
- Assist with communication skills
Ombudsman DOES NOT:
- Change grades
- Advocate for individuals or take sides
- Serve as an office of notifications
- Provide legal counsel
- Share information without permission
- Maintain confidentiality when there is an imminent risk of harm or danger
- Conduct any formal investigating/reporting
- Change policies or make decisions regarding outcomes
- Take part in grievance/complaint process