Most circulating materials may be renewed (kept past the date due) one time for an additional three weeks from the renewal request date.
- Item must not be overdue (late). Renewing close to the due date provides the most time for keeping the item.
- Items requested by other library patrons may not be renewed.
- Items already renewed once must be returned to the library.
- Fines owed for other materials may block renewals.
How to renew items
On the Web
- Go to the Renew Books link from the library's home page or CityCat, the library catalog.
- Enter your name and the barcode from your library card, which is your Student, Faculty or Staff ID card.
- Click on the link for Items Checked out to see a list.
- To renew all items, click on the Renew All button.
- To renew only some items, check the box next to each item to be renewed, then click the Renew Selected button.
- Call a Circulation Desk at a CCSF Library.
- Bring your library card to a Circulation Desk. You do not need to have the item with you to renew it.