The Research & Planning Office follows the CCSF assessment process as documented on the Outcomes Assessment Reporting website. Additional unit-specific processes described below.
General process currently followed:
- Methods for gathering data on our office include such things as:
- College-wide survey (employee survey) -- every four years
- Decision Support System (amount of people who are accessing data, what their classification is, and what module they use)
- Website hits (number and time of year)
- Program Review completion (number and quality of submissions, evaluation of results)
- Evaluation of Assessment, Planning, Budgeting system (survey) -- annual.
- Tracking research/data requests and their resolution.
- Others to be determined.
- Gathered data are reviewed by Dean of Institutional Effectivness and staff, analyzed, summarized, and studied for areas of improvement. Results shared in Planning Committee and through Program Review.
- Improvements are implemented in as timely and effective a manner as possible. These improvements are then re-evaluated in the next survey cycle to ensure they are working and we are continuing to meet our goals.
Administrative Unit Outcomes
These Administrative Unit Outcomes (AUOs) are on a regular cycle of review, during which outcomes are updated and revised.
Faculty and staff who receive services from us will be able to:
- Readily access relevant, current, and accurate data on the college and its programs.
- Recognize data gaps and
effectively request help to fill those gaps.
- Interpret and draw correct and useful conclusions from available data about our students and their academic outcomes.
- Use data and its analysis to inform priorities and decision making and improve institutional effectiveness.