The Grant's Office follows the CCSF assessment process as documented on the Outcomes Assessment Reporting website. Additional unit-specific processes described below.
General process currently followed:
1. Annually we collect data on productivity including relevant statistics such as number of proposals submitted, number of grants awarded, amount of grant funding awarded, and number of projects receiving post-award support. We also look at the number of departments and personnel involved. Feedback on the process is gathered through the annual evaluation of the Dean of Grants and Resource Development. In addition, we plan to use evaluation surveys to gather more specific data on how to improve our services and processes.
2. Gathered data are reviewed by Dean of Grants and Resource Development and staff as well as with supervisor (Associate Vice Chancellor of Institutional Development). These data are analyzed for areas of improvement. Summaries are reported in biannual assessment reports and annually in program review.
3. Improvements are implemented in as timely and effective a manner as possible. These improvements are then re-evaluated in the next assessment cycle to ensure they are working and we are continuing to meet our goals.
Administrative Unit Outcomes
These Administrative Unit Outcomes (AUOs) are on a regular cycle of review, during which outcomes are updated and revised.
Faculty and staff who receive services from us will be able to:
- Recognize opportunities for grant-funded program development and improvement.
- Identify relevant funding sources.
- Secure internal approval for grants and program development.
- Successfully apply for and receive grants.
- Manage active grants including obtaining board approval and managing budgets.