The DEA Subcommittee is a subcommitte of the Curriculum Committee focused exclusively on reviewing and approving Distance Education Addenda (DEAs).
Distance Education Addendum DEA Checklist
(PDF version | DOC version | DOCX version).
- Ensure your item is correctly completed and review our policy on Regular Effective Contact for Distance Learning Courses
- Curriculum Handbook -- DEA Chapter
- Distance Education Addenda Workflow
- Distance Education Addenda Proposal
- Distance Education Coordinator: Kristin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Technology Chair: Carol Reitan at
For questions, contact Carol Reitan
- For Drop in Help check the TLC Calendar
To be offered any time in an academic year, the DEA must be approved by the catalog deadline of the previous year. Note: this deadline is the same as for programs (majors and certificates) and is necessary because DEAs impact programs.
To offer an online course in Fall, the DEA must be current and
approved by catalog deadline for that academic year.
The DEA subcommitee suggests that all first drafts be submitted by the end of September to ensure a smooth approval process.
|Requested Effective Date||DEA Subcommittee Approval by|
|Spring 2020||October 18, 2019 |
(Launch in CurrIQunet by October 1, 2019)
|Summer 2020||Feb. 13, 2020 |
(Launch in CurrIQunet by February 1, 2020)
|Fall 2020||March 13, 2020 |
(Launch in in CurrIQunet by March 1, 2020)
|Spring 2021||September 13, 2020 |
(Launch in CurrIQunet by September 1, 2020)
Update Status of Distance Education Addendums
The process to ensure that all DEAs are up to date is ongoing.