Curriculum Committee Schedule for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
Submit Curriculum Early and Monitor Progress
- Please, submit early and do not wait for the deadlines!! More proposals can be considered if earlier agendas are full.
- Items submitted for review that do not meet College standards
and require extensive corrections will take longer to process.
- Originators are responsible for responding rapidly and fully to change requests and monitoring progress.
- The Curriculum
Committee can never guarantee when curriculum will be reviewed,
completed or approved, even when deadlines are met. The committee
makes every effort to process proposals that meet the deadlines as
quickly as resources permit. Early attention to quality
standards and early submission increase the chances of timely
Course Schedule and Catalog Deadlines
Dates below represent deadlines to submit proposals with effective
dates in the 2019-20 academic year. These deadlines are for
completion of specific review steps, not starting or launch
|Deadlines (meet both deadlines) to request approval for:||Dean's approval (step 3) completed||Dept. Chair Post-Tech Review (step 5) completed (at Pre-agenda Review)|
|Summer 2019 Schedule||Sept. 24, 2018||Oct. 29, 2018|
|2019-20 Catalog and Fall 2019 Schedule||Oct. 1, 2018||Nov. 9, 2018|
|Spring 2020 Schedule and UC transfer/CSU GE/IGETC Committee Consideration
||Feb. 22, 2019||Apr. 1, 2019|
Review Steps: Originator launch ... Dept. Chair Pre-Tech Review ... Dean ... Technical Review Assignment ... Technical Review ... Requisite Review ... Articulation Review ... Dept. Chair post-Tech Review ... Pre-agenda Review ... Committee agenda (CurricUNET Approval Levels and Steps).
Note: Schedule and catalog deadlines are contingent on the full and complete correction of any approval stipulations.
- Modified programs must be done in time for the Catalog (no Spring approval dates for modifications).
- New programs approved by the Curriculum Committee by Dec. 19 AND with state approval received prior to February 8 will be published in the 2019-20 printed catalog.
- New programs with state approval received after February 8 will be published in the Catalog Addendum and the online catalog.
Distance Education Addenda
|Requested Effective Date||DEA Subcommittee Approval by|
|Summer 2019||Feb. 15, 2019|
|Fall 2019||Mar. 1, 2019|
|Spring 2020||Sep. 6, 2019|
Curriculum Committee Meetings
Fall 2018 -- Approvals for effective dates of Summer 2019 (through Nov. 7 agenda) and Fall 2019 and later.
[Nov. 19 (Monday) (Agenda | Minutes) -- Stipulations due: Nov.
30 - MEETING POSTPONED due to College closure]
Spring 2019 -- Approvals for effective dates of Spring 2020 and later.