What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is a training resource for all CCSF faculty, staff, and administrators who want to learn about how to better utilize technology in their personal and professional lives.
The lynda library consists of thousands of courses and hundred of thousands of individual training videos on the use of various software programs and educational technologies, such as Google Apps, Microsoft's Office 365, and other videos related to business, music/video production, design, and other fields of study.
Faculty are permitted to show Lynda.com videos in their classrooms, but our license does not allow for CCSF students to login and access this service.
How do I log in?
1. Using your web browser, navigate to lynda.com
2. Select “log in” in the upper right hand corner.
3. Select the option: Log in through your organization or school
4. Enter the organization's URL: ccsf.edu
5. You will then be redirected back to lynda.com
6. At the next login prompt, enter your CCSF email/network username and password. (This is the same login you use on your office computer. If you do not have your log in, contact the help desk. Be sure to tell them that you need your network or “Active Directory” password reset. If you are not sure of your username, the Help Desk can tell you what it is and reset your password.)
7. If you happen to have an existing account, you can incorporate your previous account. Most will select the create a new account option.
8. Lynda.com.You will then be logged into
9. The second time you log in with the same browser, it will remember that you want to use the school portal option. You will see a message that says “You'll be directed back to lynda.com after logging in through City College of San Francisco.”
10. There are also apps for iOS and Android. You get them the usual way – at your device’s app store and they are free to install. The Apps work the same way and you need to use the school portal option to login.
Where can I get help?
If you have problems accessing lynda.com please contact the Help Desk at x3711 or (415) 239-3711 or Toll Free (844) 693-HELP (4357).
The staff and students at our Technology Learning Center (TLC) can also help answer questions. The TLC is located at Batmale 313 on the Ocean Campus and is open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. We will announce training in how to make the best use of lynda.com in the coming months.