Faculty and Staff CCSF General Computer Accounts
OFFICE 365 MAIL for EMPLOYEES
Faculty are provided access to Office 365, which offers a ccsf.edu e-mail address, cloud storage, AND online access to Microsoft products. Read more about Office 365 here.
Faculty who wish to use CCSFmail (powered by Google), may apply for an account. Sign up on the MyCCSF page.
The CCSF Windows Network
[What's a network? Check out the article, "An Educator's Guide to School Networks"]
When you login to your account, you get:
- Safe storage: Any file that you save to either your desktop or your My Documents folder can only be accessed by you under your login on that computer. Of course, you have to log off when you leave a shared computer to keep your data private. And the files are only available on that computer.
- Access to your own network drive: In My Computer under network drives, you'll see a drive with your login name on it. This provides 100 MB of space on the server that you can access from any CCSF computer on the network. So, you can save files on your network drive at Chinatown, and call them up when you login at your desk on the SouthEast campus.
Logins and passwords
When you get an account on the CCSF Windows network, you can use your login on any Faculty or Staff computer at any of the networked CCSF campuses.
CCSF WiFi Account
There are many WiFi spots on campus. To use them, you'll need a CCSF WiFi account. For information on getting one, go to the WiFi Network page. [Old WiFi Information page]
Telephone Voice Mail
All CCSF faculty and staff receive a telephone number and a voice mail box, even if you don't have an office! For information about getting a phone number, go to the Telephone System Information page. [Old Telephone System Information page]
CCSF Departments and programs will designate faculty and/or staff to work on their pages within the CCSF website (CMS).
For a Banner account, (your supervisor will tell you if you need one of these), fill out, get the required signatures, and submit the ITS form entitled "Information Technology Services Request for Computer Account".
Old TLC Resources page
Get your classlists from the web. (ITS no longer prints out your classlists.)
- Go to MyCCSF
- Choose Class Schedule Portal
- Log in using your CCSF ID. Follow the prompts.
- Choose the CRN for the classlist you need.
For more details on getting your classlist and emailing students
from Office 365 or Google Mail/CCSFmail follow these
Getting Your Classlists from the Web (MSWord).
If you are using a Windows computer on a networked campus, you can
use an automated button to send email to your students along with
getting your classlist.
Educational discounts are available for CCSF faculty, staff, and students through CollegeBuys. Software includes Microsoft products, Adobe, and more.
Educational discounts on Apple computers are available at the CCSF Bookstore. Discounts on Windows machines are available from Omnipro.