Computer Labs for Classes
Teachers sometimes need to bring students into a computer lab even though their regular classroom is not a computer lab. Examples might be:
- A hands-on orientation for an online class
- A practice for an online research assignment
- A demo with hand-on practice for recommended online resources
Both R414 and ACRC Lab 2 allow reservations only one month in advance (to give priority to their own departments).
Rosenberg Library 414
The Rosenberg R414 lab has 24 PC computers for students and one instructor station.
This room is available for faculty to reserve for their classes when online/Web resources are being covered.
In some cases, the instructor also schedules a librarian to make a presentation about appropriate academic online and on-site information resources, but many faculty schedule the room for their own purposes.
Procedure for reserving R414
- request the room directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- classes cannot be scheduled in this room for the entire semester
- faculty who have not used the room before need to get a 5 minute orientation
- no software can be loaded on the instructor station without first checking with Library Automation staff well ahead of the proposed class time
The calendar of R414 reservations is at:
Batmale 301 (Computer Science Department)
The ACRC in Batmale, Room 301 also has a classroom lab, Lab 2, that can be scheduled by faculty. It has about 32 PC computers.
To reserve, email Cherron Hunter at email@example.com with your request. Include:
- Date and time requested
- Department and course number
- Name of instructor
- Software required (if software is not already installed, submit request at least two weeks before your class to see if installation is possible).
Hours: Monday 9AM-7PM; Tue, Wed, Thur 9AM-9PM; Friday 9AM-2PM
The calendar of ACRC Lab 2 reservations is at: Calendar.
Cyberia (English Department)
The English Department manages three labs. The calendar for each lab, along with an explanation of its use, is found at:
For reservation please contact Craig Kleinman at firstname.lastname@example.org. The labs are primarily used by the English Department but do offer occasional scheduling options for other departments.