The Lab for Faculty and Staff in Batmale 313 has Photoshop installed on all machines.
For help preparing images, esp. for the web:
- Check the TLC Calendar for workshops.
- See Vic Fascio's page of handouts and tutorials for Preparing Images for the Screen.
- How to Prepare Images for use in the CMS
- Access VTC online tutorials available when you need them (Photoshop Tutorials).
- 12 Beginner Tutorials for Getting Started with Photoshop from Mashable
Free or lowcost programs for image editing:
The TLC lab is equipped with headsets with microphones. Installed programs for editing sound including Audacity and Adobe Audition.
Insight(powered by Moodle) users may use the suite of Wimba Voice Tools.
- Audacity is a free, open source sound editor. There is good documentation and support as well at Audacity Help.
- Adobe Audition - Audition Support
- Wimba Voice Tools Support - Our contract includes 24/7 telephone support.
- Access VTC online tutorials available when you need them (Audition tutorials)
- Get an account in iTunes University CCSF [House your audio or video podcasts here.]
The TLC does not have support for video editing. But we do have Edustream!
"EduStream.org” is a cost-effective, centralized resource for providing participating institutions with the video-on-demand capabilities they might not otherwise be prepared to implement or manage..." Read more
What can CCSF faculty do with Edustream?
- You can use (free of charge) video from Dallas Telelearning or Coast College.
- You can house video that you have created.
Some Popular Video Editors (no in-house support available for these):