The THEATRE ARTS department follows the CCSF assessment process as documented on the Outcomes Assessment Reporting website.
The Theatre Arts Department's Additional Assessment Methodology
- The Theatre Arts Department chair or coordinator schedules the review and updating of the Theatre Arts Department's Mission statement by the faculty every three years
- The Theatre Arts Department chair or coordinator schedules a review of the Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) by the faculty every two years in order to:
- Determine if the stated outcomes are up-to-date and relevant to the intent of the program.
- Determine if the outcomes are sustainable given financial and personnel constraints.
- Verify that each course in the program addresses one or more of the PLOs.
- Determine if any PLOs need revision.
- Course SLOs are assessed following the CCSF assessment process.
- The chair coordinates the annual sharing of syllabi and review of course outlines, group discussions, survey/portfolio development, and creating of rubrics that are relevant to assessment methods developed for each area.
- The chair or designee(s) verify that area SLOs and/or PLOs are updated with the Curriculum Committee and that faculty is advised of any changes.
- The chair or designee(s) verify that any changes made are reviewed for alignment to General Education SLOs.
Our programs are on a regular cycle of review, during which outcomes
are updated and revised. Course SLOs are mapped to Program SLOs.
Program SLOs are mapped to ILOs. Mappings and program information are
recorded in reports in CurricUNET.
Programs are also fully described in the catalog.
Course-level SLOs are recorded in the official
course outline of record in CurricUNET. Course outlines are on a
regular cycle of review, during which class outcomes are updated and