The THEATRE ARTS department's Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) assessment process is documented and described below. For more details, please contact the department chair, and view the rest of our department website.
The Theatre Arts Department's Assessment Methodology
1. The Theatre Arts Department chair or coordinator scheduling the review and updating of the Theatre Arts Department's Mission statement by the faculty every three years
2. The Theatre Arts Department chair or coordinator schedule a review of the Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) by the faculty every two years in order to:
a. Determine if the stated outcomes are up-to-date and relevant to the intent of the program.
b. Determine if the outcomes are sustainable given financial and personnel constraints.
c. Verify that each course in the program addresses one or more of the PLO’s.
d. Determine if any PLO’s need revision.
3. Course SLO’s are assessed annually by full time faculty teaching in each designated area. This assessment entails the collection, review, and analysis of data from each course SLO that was performed by the instructors of that area. The data is then reviewed by all faculty teaching in each area in order to determine if changes are needed in the course and/or assessment method. Each area creates a corresponding assessment report that is available to all department faculty and reviewed by the chair in a timely manner.
4. The chair coordinates the annual sharing of syllabi and review of course outlines, group discussions, survey/portfolio development, and creating of rubrics that are relevant to assessment methods developed for each area.
5. The chair or designee(s) verify that area SLO’s and/or PLO’s are updated with the Curriculum Committee and that faculty is advised of any changes.
6. The chair or designee(s) verify that any changes made are reviewed for alignment to General Education SLO’s.
Learn more about our department programs, services, and courses:
Our discipline is on a regular cycle of review, during which outcomes are updated and revised. Program SLOs are found in catalog listing. For assessment details and timelines see links for progress reports in right side column.
Course outlines are on a regular cycle of review, during which class outcomes are updated and revised. For assessment details and timelines see links for progress reports in right side column.