Career Technical Education (CTE) Certificate Programs

Broadcast Electronic Media Arts professional certificate programs are recommended for those seeking to acquire entry-level skills, skills builders who wish to upgrade and retool skills, and for job seekers preparing for career transition. Each course sequence is designed to provide students with an opportunity to develop and refine essential workforce skills for entry-level employment in the electronic media industry.

Students who have not already completed a college degree (or almost completed a degree) are strongly encouraged to work with a Counselor and complete general education requirements toward as Associate of Arts Degree.

All our courses are credit and degree applicable, and selected courses TRANSFER to the CSU and/or UC systems. Many students transfer to nearby SAN FRANCISO STATE UNIVERSITY's Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts Department (BECA). We encourage students to work with a college counselor and a department program advisor to establish an education plan during the first semester of study. For more information contact the TRANSFER CENTER.

Career Technical Education Certificates of Accomplishment & Achievement

NEW for 2017-2018: Broadcast Electronic Media Arts is offering "Stackable" certificates.  The FOUNDATIONS IN BROADCAST ELECTRONIC MEDIA ARTS cerficate is the basis for our NEW advanced certificates.  The Foundations Certificate prepares you for advanced study and allows students the opportunity to explore the field of Broadcasting and Electronic Media.

Advanced certrificates of Achievement in Sound Recording Arts: Sound Recording, Live Sound and Sound Design.  

Advanced certificates of Achievement in Video: Television Production, Video Production and Post, and Broadcast Motion Graphics.

  • Students may complete one or more certificates by completing each required course in their chosen program of study with a final grade of C or higher. 
  • Certificate course requirements must be completed within four years.
  • Students seeking a Certificate of Achievement who wish to transfer equivalent courses from another college or university should meet with the Department Chair to review their options.