City College Art Gallery
October 2 to November 1, 2017
Artist Lecture: Tuesday, October 10, 11am, Visual Arts Building, Room 104
Michael Wertz is a noted Illustrator, Printmaker, Professor at the California College of the Arts, and friend to all four-pawed creatures. He hails from the gently rolling hills of Northerncalifornialand and currently calls Oakland home. His work has been recognized by Communication Arts and American Illustration, and he has worked with museums like Oakland Museum of California and the de Young, publications like the The New York Times, and bands like Camper Van Beethoven and ALO. To see more of Michael's work, please visit wertzateria.com.
City College Art Gallery is located in the Visual Art Building's room 119 on the Ocean Campus of City College of San Francisco. The gallery is wheelchair accessible, free to the public, and just a few blocks from the Balboa BART station.
Gallery Hours: please call 415.239.3157 or415.239.3156 for current gallery hours and directions.
The City College Art Gallery’s Mission:
- Establish City College Art Gallery as an important arts destination for citizens of San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area, thereby stimulating active public awareness, support, and participation in the arts.
- Provide a free, publicly accessible venue for art made by regional and national artists as well as the distinguished faculty, staff, students and alumni of City College.
- Provide meaningful cultural and learning experiences for City College students by hosting contemporary art exhibitions in a critical context, which ultimately improves visual literacy and analytical thinking.
- Introduce City College art students to art professionalism through juried exhibitions and visiting artist-led workshops.
- Offer City College art students hands-on training in all aspects of gallery management, providing them practical job skills in order to gain employment in the art field.