Gallery and Exhibitions
City Arts Gallery presents:
Matilda, Militant Rebel
Robbin Légère Henderson
March 18 to May 13, 2015
Artist Reception March 26th 5-7pm
This exhibition features a series of Henderson’s illustrations for her
grandmother’s memoir.Using old family photographs and published
images Henderson developed drawings using scratchboard and
printmaking techniques creating composites that suggest the story
Matilda tells. Each work is strongly narrative and is accompanied
by Matilda’s vivid text written near the end of her life.
The City Arts Gallery is located in the Visual Art Building, Room 119, on the Ocean Campus of City College of San Francisco. The gallery is wheelchair accessible and free to the public. For more information and gallery hours, please call (415) 239-3157.
Gallery hours: Mon 1:30-5:30pm, Tues 1-6:30pm, Wed 1:30-5:30pm, Thrs 1-6:30pm
The City College Art Gallery’s Mission:
- Establish City College Art Gallery as an important arts destination for citizens of San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area, thereby stimulating active public awareness, support, and participation in the arts.
- Provide a free, publicly accessible venue for art made by regional and national artists as well as the distinguished faculty, staff, students and alumni of City College.
- Provide meaningful cultural and learning experiences for City College students by hosting contemporary art exhibitions in a critical context, which ultimately improves visual literacy and analytical thinking.
- Introduce City College art students to art professionalism through juried exhibitions and visiting artist-led workshops.
- Offer City College art students hands-on training in all aspects of gallery management, providing them practical job skills in order to gain employment in the art field.
33 Gough Exhibition Space
Throughout the year, artwork created by students and faculty of the art department are showcased at City College of San Francisco's Administrative Offices.
These exhibitions give students and faculty the opportunity to have their work viewed by City College staff, administrators, and board members.
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.