City College Art Gallery
and Other Venues
City College Art Gallery presents:
Faculty Art Show
November 7 to December 1, 2016
City College Art Gallery is proud to present the annual Faculty Art Show, featuring artwork by faculty members from all areas of the art department.
The annual show brings the entire art department community together, giving current students a chance to see their teachers’ work and giving instructors a chance to recruit future students who admire their art.
Each faculty member is encouraged to submit one piece for display. In past years, the exhibition has included ceramics, drawings, live music performances, metals, mixed media collages, paintings, photographs, prints, sculptures of stone, resin, and kinetic elements, and more. The artwork runs the full gamut: traditional to experimental, older pieces to brand new pieces, decorative, illustrative, functional, expressive, and conceptual.
“I like that the stuff on the walls is the same stuff we can learn at school,” said gallery attendant Journey Coward. “It’s an easy way for students to match names and faces with the types of art we can learn here.”
“One thing I love about the faculty show is it makes me realize that the instructors here are changing and growing. You don’t always realize that on a day-to-day basis but you come to the show and you realize that they’re off on this whole journey with their artwork,” said Andrew Leone, who teaches figure drawing and painting. “People’s creative health is the top priority for me and it’s great to get together to celebrate that.”
The City College Art Gallery is located in the Visual Art
Building, v119, on the Ocean Campus of City College of San Francisco.
The gallery is wheelchair accessible, free to the public, and just a
few blocks from the Balboa BART station.
Gallery Hours: Mon 9:30-12 and 1-4, Tues 11-2 and 3:30-5:30, Wed 9:30-12 and 1-4, Thur 11-2 and 3:30-5:30
The City College Art Gallery’s Mission:
- Establish City College Art Gallery as an important arts destination for citizens of San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area, thereby stimulating active public awareness, support, and participation in the arts.
- Provide a free, publicly accessible venue for art made by regional and national artists as well as the distinguished faculty, staff, students and alumni of City College.
- Provide meaningful cultural and learning experiences for City College students by hosting contemporary art exhibitions in a critical context, which ultimately improves visual literacy and analytical thinking.
- Introduce City College art students to art professionalism through juried exhibitions and visiting artist-led workshops.
- Offer City College art students hands-on training in all aspects of gallery management, providing them practical job skills in order to gain employment in the art field.
33 GOUGH EXHIBITIONS
Throughout the year, exceptional artwork created by professional artists, students and faculty are showcased at City College of San Francisco's Administrative Offices.
These exhibitions give professional artists, students and faculty the oppertunity to have their work viewed by City College staff, administrators, and board members. Students and faculty also have the oppertunity to display their work at Conlan Hall and at Fort Mason. More information please contact Gallery Directors.
Janet Lohr - firstname.lastname@example.org and Alan Firestone - email@example.com