Semester in Paris
Semester in Paris
This program is currently under reconstruction.
We hope to return with a new and improved program during the
2016-2017 Academic Year.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list.
COSTS AND CANCELLATIONS
Program Price: TBD
(plus refundable security deposit TBD)
Program Price includes:
- Double or triple rooms in student residences.
- French classes at the world-reknowned Universite de Paris, La Sorbonne
- Cultural Activities Series
- Pre-departure and overseas orientation program and tour of Paris.
- Paris transit pass (Carte Orange) for the first month of the program..
- Museum entries during academic activities.
- Overseas information and resource center and support services of ACCENT Paris on-site staff.
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) with overseas health and accident insurance.
Program Price does not include:
- Round-trip airfare from San Francisco
- CCSF tuition and fees (see description below).
- Optional ($250) double occupancy homestay supplement (includes breakfast daily).
- Optional ($1225) single student residence supplement.
- Meals, except as specified.
- Personal expenses, books, school supplies, passports, and anything not listed above as included.
- Required medical insurance.
- Required visa and any associated fees.
FALL 2014 PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- Non-refundable first payment of $250 due with application
- Second payment due May 23, 2014: $3950
- Final payment due June 23, 2014: $3950
The above breakdowns include the $200 refundable security deposit.
The payment schedule is the applicant's contractual obligation.
Failure to make each payment when due shall automatically cancel
participant from the program one week after payment due date. All
payments are effective the day they are received by the ACCENT San
Francisco Center. ACCENT, in its sole discretion, may reinstate an
applicant subject to availability of space and late enrollment fees.
All prices and fees reflect exchange rates current as of 1/14 and are
subject to change.
ACCENT INTERNATIONAL CONSORTIUM
ACCENT is responsible for the planning and coordination of the City
College of San Francisco Semester in Paris program. ACCENT is an
international education organization with almost 30 years experience
in designing and implementing overseas study opportunities for a
variety of institutions throughout the U.S.
CITY COLLEGE OF SAN FRANCISCO ENROLLMENT FEES
Residents of California must pay a $46 per unit enrollment fee, plus
a per-semester fee of $17 to City College of San Francisco at the time
of registration. Non-residents of California pay $249 per unit, plus a
per-semester fee of $17. Additional fees may apply. Please consult the
CCSF Study Abroad Advisor at 415/239-3778 for further information.
Fees are set by the State of California and are subject to
ELIGIBILITY AND TRANSFERABILITY
It is recommended that you discuss your participation in the Paris
program with the staff of the CCSF Study Abroad Office prior to
application. For an appointment, call 415/239-3778. Attendance at a
pre-departure orientation meeting is mandatory. On-site orientation
and a French language placement exam will be given in Paris.
Out-of-state students and others not living in Northern California are
encouraged to complete counseling and orientation by telephone and
mail correspondence. All courses are transferable to the CSU system.
All courses except French Conversation and Phonetics are transferable
to the UC system.
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Students currently attending City College of San Francisco may be
eligible for grant or loan assistance through the Financial Aid
Office. For an application, please visit www.ccsf.edu/Services/Financial_Aid/
or call 415/239-3575. Students who have completed at least 12 units at
CCSF may apply for scholarships ranging from $50 - $1,000. For further
information and an application, please call the Study Abroad Office at
415/239-3778. Financial Aid students must submit the $250
nonrefundable first payment with their application and may contact
ACCENT to discuss possible deferment of remaining payments. Financial
Aid is not available through ACCENT.
All cancellations must be made in writing to ACCENT and are
effective the date of the postmark.
- 70 days or more prior to the start of the program: $250
- 50-69 days or more prior to start of program: $1000
- 30-49 days prior to start of program: $2,000
- 15-29 days prior to start of program: $3,000
- 0-14 days prior to start of program: No Refund