The mission of the Study Abroad Office is to serve CCSF students and the local community by providing high-quality academic, immersive experiences abroad, with a commitment to intercultural and foreign language learning, safety and accessibility.
The primary objectives of the CCSF Study Abroad Office are to:
- Develop and administer programs which enhance intercultural learning and global competency outcomes for students.
- Partner with third party providers to create high quality logistical support including safe accomodations, quality cultural activities and student support services.
- Ensure a high standard of academic instruction.
- Provide the opportunity for students to study a foreign language in a country where it is the primary language, when applicable.
- Students are able to identify as having an enhanced sense of intercultural learning and global competency after completing a study abroad program.
- Students will report a high level of satisfaction regarding their pre-departure and overseas support services, as well as their overseas cultural activities, and accommodations.
- Students will report a high level of satisfaction regarding the quailty of their instruction and the benefits of learning a foreign language overseas.