CITY Cheer & Dance Team
History and Tradition
The CITY Cheer & Dance Team was founded in the Spring of 2001. The founding members, led by Jackie Tomco, began this co-ed team to offer students an opportunity to support CCSF Athletics, promote school spirit and pride, and give team members the experience of performing/competing at the college level. The CCDT was founded in an effort to create something new at CCSF that wasn't available to students...a spirit organization. The goal was intended to offer students whats mentioned above, but so much more came out of that. Lifelong friendships and partnerships have flourished as a result. This team has meant a great many different things to those who have been a part of it throughout the years. As such, this team is a cherished CCSF tradition that we strive to perpetuate to the best of our ability. The team hosts several service learning projects throughout the year.
- October-Breast Cancer Awareness Bake Sale & SF Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk.
- November- "Giving Thanks" Canned Food Drive for the SF Homeless Youth Alliance.
- December- "Project Cheer", Toy drive with the SF Sherriffs Dept.
- January- UCSF Children's ward visits.
- February- "I Left My Heart at CCSF" fundraiser for the elderly.
- March- "Mascot Madness" to benefit our furry friends at the SFSPCA.
Current Team Status & Mission
The CITY Cheer and Dance Team is a Co-ed spirit organization that cheers and performs year round. It holds official club status as part of the CCSF Associated Students and is also considered a Spirit Organization that is part of the Student Leadership Program under the direction of the Dean of Student Affairs & Wellness (Athletics).
We believe in upholding tradition by promoting school spirit, supporting all CCSF Athletics and students, being ambassadors for CCSF that the college and community can be proud of through community service, and bringing cheer wherever we go. We work hard, we work together, and strive to be our best. GO CITY...RAMS!
The team cheers, performs, and participates in the following:
- Men's Foobtall (all home games, select away games)
- Men's Basketball (all home games, select away games)
- All Campus Events
- Community Events
- Cheer/Dance Competitions