Health Education Department - Faculty & Staff Resources
Health Education Department - Faculty & Staff Resources
Search within the page: Ctrl+F (Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS) and ⌘-F (Mac)
Instructional Information - link
Department Information - link
CCSF Information - link
Forms - link
Resources - link
Admissions and Records Faculty Resources - Link
- Instructional Calendars - Link
- Health Education ESL Learners Contact - Carrie Priestley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESL Department Information - Link
- ESL Center for Language and Academic Development (CLAD) - Link
The CLAD center offers ESL students three different support services: individual tutoring, workshops, and computer programs for language-learning. All services are drop-in.
For Single Day Absence
Spring & Fall
Email student workers to post up a sign. Please complete this form (Faculty Absence Notice) and include it in the email to: email@example.com
Evening / Weekend Class & Other Campuses
If you are calling in sick for an evening or weekend class, or a class that is not offered on the Ocean campus, please refer to the numbers that you should have for Evening and Site Supervision. They will also post an announcement on your classroom door.
Site Supervisors (Evening & Sat):
- Ocean campus: Andrew Hom (M, T, & Sat) and Jerry Dear (W & Th) | 239-3584
- Mission Center: Elba Balderramos | MTWRF 5pm - 9pm | 920-6011
Please call “The Absence Line” at 239-3232. The Office of Instruction will post a notice on your classroom board, along with any simple instructions that you may have for your class, such as a homework assignment.
- Upon your return, please be sure to complete a Faculty Absence Report form and submit to Beth for signature.
Substitute Policies & Forms
- Health Education Research and Citing Library - Link
- Health Education Libraian Liason | Julian Prentice - firstname.lastname@example.org
Load Calculator - http://www.ccsf.edu/Offices/Scheduling_Office/fte.htm
- Give your office hours to students and to the front desk staff in MU 353 to post. You may also post your office hours on your employee directory: http://www.ccsf.edu/ccsf/en/employee-services/employee-directory.html
- At the end of the semester, fill out the “Instructionally Related Time Report” and submit it to Shirlene Kwan, email@example.com or mailbox in MU 353. (This is for Health Education Faculty only. For all other departments, please contact your department chair)
- You can be reimbursed for up to 15 office hours per semester:
CREDIT Classes with FTE:
from up to 0.20, max. payout is 4 hours.
from 0.21 to 0.39, max. payout is 8 hours.
from 0.40 to 0.60, max. payout is 15 hours.
Please note that faculty who received temporary FT upgrade will not be eligible for office hour pay.
Please submit a digital copy of the syllabus for each course (each separate course, not for each section of the same course) for the each semester:
- Health Education Credit: https://tinyurl.com/ccsfhlthsyllabus
- Health Education Noncredit: https://tinyurl.com/ccsfnchlthsyllabus
No log-in is required. This is for Health Education Faculty only.
For other departments, please contact your department chair.
Please contact Shirlene if you need assistance with uploading your syllabus.
- Making a great syllabus - Link
Faculty & Staff Resources
Online Teaching Resources - Link
For Health Education Short-term courses and lab courses:
To better prepare ourselves for future audits, please use the PARS Attendance Record Template for each short-term or lab section. Please upload the PARS or email Shirlene at the end of your short-term and/or lab courses.
Upload your Health Education PARS to: https://tinyurl.com/ccsfhlthPARS
- ConferZoom - http://conferzoom.org/
- Responding to Student Writing - Link
- Instructional and Classroom Supplies Locations
- Frequently used forms - Cabinet next to large conference room
- Laptops and Projectors - Cabinet outside the Kitchen
- Supplies - Cabinet ouside 351 and in the storage room
- Videos and DVDs - Cabinet ouside 351
- Shared Resources - Link
- Turnitin - Link
- Web4 Online Grading Instructions - Link
- Building & Grounds Outages Annoucements
- Health Ed Outages
Community Advisory Board (CAB) Meetings
- Submit CAB Dates
- Upload CAB Minutes
- CAB Minutes Format - Blank Copy
- CAB Meeting Perkins Funding - Contact Julia Wei - firstname.lastname@example.org
> After meeting, submit required documents to Julia at Box C30 or hand deliver to C404:
- Original store/catering receipts (no more than $18/person)
- Copy of Agenda
- Sign-in Sheet
- Core Indicator Reports - https://misweb.cccco.edu/perkins/main.aspx
- CCSF Contacts:
- Bianca Nunez - Employment Specialist; Internship Placement
Support; Healthcare MOU Agreements
Hadden - Work Experience Data
email@example.com | 415-452-7045
- Katie Mills - SWP Data
firstname.lastname@example.org | 415-550-4493
Room priority is for instructionally-related purposes and reservations are subject to change depending on department and district needs.
Due to high demand, reoccurring reservations can be booked for up to 4 weeks at a time. You must resubmit a request at the end of your initial booking.
If you need to cancel a reservation, please contact email@example.com
Please remember all copy usage should be for departmental use only.
If you have large copy jobs that needs to be done quickly (i.e. syllabus that was not done by the duplicating department on time), here are a few options Ocean campus:
- Science Building 224
- Cloud Hall 352
- Batmale 108
- Arts Building (2nd Floor)
Science building has the best functioning copier with staple functions. Cloud Hall has one new copier that has a stapleless staple option.
Please remember, if you submitted a copy job to duplicating services, you can follow up with Anita Yee to check on the status. If you submitted a copy job via email and want to cancel, please follow up with an email or phone call to cancel the job.
The process for making copies is as follows:
1. Make small copy jobs yourself with
the new copier in the Health Education Department's Kitchen.
2. Send larger requests (syllabus, applications, handouts, etc) directly to Duplication Services in Batmale at least a week in advance (or earlier). You can email your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Send smaller requests (one or two page copies) directly to student workers by emailing email@example.com and include your copy code. Please send these requests at least 24 hours in advance (or earlier). While we do our best, due to staffing and technology constraints, we cannot guarantee that we will always be able to process last minute requests for copies.
The copier located in the kitchen is for limited copies only. Please use the Duplicating Center locate on the 1st floor of Batmale Hall for most of your copy jobs. They request copy jobs to be submitted with at least one week lead time. Please remember that all staff and faculty have a limit of copies from July 1 – June 30. Once you have reached your limit, your copy code will be inactive for the copy function. You can still scan documents to email. The department copier is not designed for large volume use. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you send your copying needs to the Duplicating Services on campus in advance. Please remember to log out after every use by first pressing and holding “Reset” then press the top half of the “C” (Clear).
Faculty will receive 350 copies per Health Education
course teaching unit. If you fall under 500 copies in the
semester, you will default to the minimum, 500 copies per semester. To
calculate your copies per semester, please use the following
[Total HLTH units in F'18] x 350 copies = Total copies for F'18
Total HLTH units = 0.5 unit x
350 copies = 175 copies. This will default to 500 copies.
Total HLTH units = 1 unit x 350 copies = 350 copies. This will default to 500 copies.
Total HLTH units = 1.5 units x 350 copies = 525 copies. This will default to 500 copies.
Total HLTH units = 2 units x 350 copies = 700 copies.
Total HLTH units = 3 units x 350 copies = 1050 copies.
Total HLTH units = 6 units x 350 copies = 2100 copies.
Total HLTH units = 12 units x 350 copies = 4200 copies.
*Note: Total HLTH units refer to your total load for the semester.
Program coordinators will receive an additional 1000 copies
Teaching 6 units in F '18 = 6 x 350 copies = 2100 copies. Additional 1000 copies for program coordination = 3100 copies total for F’18.
- Build Your Office Emergency Supply Kit - Link
- Build Your Home Emergency Supply Kit - Link
- Emergency Procedures - Link
- CCSF 911 App - How to setup in the App | Download the Free App: Apple App | Andriod App
- Health Education Department Emergency Supply Locations
- - Front Desk Cabinet near Office 351
- Link Center in front desk drawer
- Health and Safety Information for Students - Link
- Faculty Travel form: http://www.ccsf.edu/dam/Organizational_Assets/Department/dbo/Form01_revised.pdf
- The faculty members must attach:
- A copy of the organization's brochure/advertisement/program with a brief description of the activity/conference/workshop/seminar/class. This may be a printout from a website or an email
copy of a registration form showing fees and dates for the
activity. The form does not have to be filled out. (If the reg
form is hidden inside the brochure described above, I suggest
making a separate copy just to be safe.)
- Put into Beth's box for signatures. Beth will send it to
Frederick Teti. Fred's box is L254, my office is Batmale Hall L760,
and telephone number is 415-239-3357.
- After the activity is completed, the faculty member then fills out an Expense Report in accordance with the DBO’s rules (e.g., original receipts whenever possible).
Travel to states that won't get approved for travel reimbursements include: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas (https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887)
Out of State Travel - Please submit any out-of-state travel requests to Beth at least 3 months ahead of time so we can get through the signature process prior to your travel date. Out-of-state travel requires the VC signature as well as board approval. This process can take up to 2 months. Out-of-state travel will not be reimbursed if the board has not approved the travel prior to the date.
Upload your FERPA Certificate: https://www.dropbox.com/request/6MvtlHLyNpaa7wYbpbwd
There is an interactive online course with quizzes, provided by the Dept of Education, that your staff can take. It takes approximately 40 minutes. Upon completion of the course, your staff will be presented with a Certificate of Completion (copies should be given to you and myself). Here is the link and instructions:
- Click on the blue link, labeled “Here” to access the course.
- Click Register as new user.
- Enter information. Organizational Affiliation is Postsecondary Institution.
- Click Start for FERPA FOR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
- Allow approximately 40 minutes for the online course.
- Upon completion of the course, print out a copy of the certificate and provide a copy to your supervisor and send a copy to me.
- Go to: Web4 > Faculty > Flex Report
- Flex Day Presentations
- Submit your guest speaker information here: https://goo.gl/forms/2FfoJ3tBo0r2BacD3
- Supplies Requests
Send email to Shirlene Kwan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Program Review - Link
Accreditation - Link
Buildings & Grounds - Link
Computer Help Desk - Link
CurricUNet - Link
Forms Directory -
Commonly used forms and descriptions - See Guide
Frequently Used Forms
- Part-time Faculty Office Hours (Due May 15th [Spring] / December 15th [Fall]) - Blank Copy | Sample
- *FTE = # units / 15 | Example: 1 unit course = 1/15 = 0.067
- Petition for Change of Grade - see front desk cabinet
- Record of Incomplete - see front desk cabinet
- Removal of Incomplete - see front desk cabinet
- Other Employee forms - Link
Time Conflict Procedure (as of Spring 2018):
- The instructor of class for which time will be missed must establish a contract with the student to cover class minutes missed.
- During the semester, student and instructor will meet weekly, record the meeting date below and sign it.
- At the end of the semester, Instructor will submit the Log to School Dean on the last day of the semester. Once completed and signed, this log will be the official record of attendance and be kept on file by the School Dean for three years.