NOTE: ALL our courses and programs have closed the loop on assessment and are in continual ongoing assessment at regular intervals.
Program-level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate various techniques of sterilization and disinfection and apply infection control and safety guidelines in the dental setting;
2. demonstrate safe working habits with the knowledge in Occupational Safety and Health Administration Hazard Communication Standard;
3. prepare for the state and national licensure exams in order to perform Registered and Certified Dental Assistant Functions authorized by legal provisions;
4. demonstrate Together Everyone Achieves More (TEAM) through
frequent group exercises and activities; and
5. display soft skills and critical thinking strategies through various group activities.
Majors, certificates, and programs are on a regular cycle of review,
during which outcomes are updated and revised. See program details
below. For assessment details and timelines see links for progress
reports in right side column.
Course outlines are on a regular cycle of review, during which class outcomes are updated and revised. For assessment details and timelines see links for progress reports in right side column.