Services of the Teacher Prep Center
The Teacher Prep Center offers information, resources and advice for students interested in teaching as a career.
Make an appointment to see a Teacher Prep and/or transfer counselor.
Call (415) 239-3890 or visit MUB
We can help you with ...
- Information & resources on obtaining a teaching credential in California.
- Details on Bay Area colleges & universities that offer credential programs including San Francisco State University.
- Suggested pathways for transfer credential candidates and suggested general education coursework to complete while at City College of San Francisco.
- Seminars and presentations on selected topics.
- Linkages with other campus resources including, Financial Aid, Counseling, Career Center, PDP/Early Childhood Career Resource Center, California Early Childhood Mentor Teacher Program, EOPS, San Francisco State University Credential Programs & Transfer Articulation Bridge Programs, ROP, School - to - Career Pathways, Mission Science Workshop & the Math & Science Teacher Recruitment Project
- Coursework offered in partnership with San Francisco Unified School District Elementary Schools: the Teacher Career Pathway at Lincoln High Schools and San Francisco State University.
- CBEST and CSET testing and enrollment information.
- Information on opportunities to explore the teaching profession including, Americorps service in SFUSD elementary schools, field experience courses, tutoring, service learning & mentoring opportunities, work experience, paid and volunteer opportunities to work with children, teacher preparation and child development coursework.
- Financial aid resources and incentive information available on the following resources: SFUSD Paraprofessional Training Program, Child Development Training Consortium Grant Program, CAL Grants including CAL Grant T, Student Aid Commission Grants, TEACH , CTC Teaching Credential Program, CCSF Financial Aid, CCSF EOPS.