Design as it works in the real world - collaboratively
Photography - Art - Fashion - Visual Media Design - Interdisciplinary Studies
Email Updates for Collaborative Design
To sign up to receive regular updates from the Collaborative Design, send your email to the coordinator by clicking here.
About the Certificate
The Collaborative Design Certificate of Accomplishment provides students with a strong foundation in multidisciplinary approaches to design and collaboration. Our approach offers students the collaborative skills and experiences needed for success in today's workplace. The program enhances a focused study in any design discipline and also provides an introduction to design thinking and making for all students.
- Exhibit knowledge of the historical and contemporary practice of collaboration across a range of disciplines
- Demonstrate how to work collaboratively within a creative team
- Critically evaluate and discuss the merits of various concepts and approaches to design solutions, using design vocabulary
- Employ a structured iterative process (identification, research, ideation, development, analysis, and prototyping) to solve a variety of design problems
- Apply sketching as a tool for visual problem solving
- Comprehend color theories and apply specific color harmonies in assembling creative works