Join us Saturday June 8, 2019
Teacher Prep Makerspace Mini-Conference
Calling teachers and future teachers of all ages! Join us for this one-day mini-conference to engage in maker activities that engage students in the creation of knowledge through interaction with real-world materials, experimentation and teamwork! This will be a fun, engaging day.
- Tinker, play and tool up with hands-on activities in the makerspace
- Connect maker principles of play and engagement to teaching all subject matters, and
- Have fun mixing and meeting makers and teachers of all experience levels!
What: Make, Create & Innovate, at the ChangeMakers mini-conference for teachers and future teachers of students of all ages.
When: June 8 from 9 am - 5 pm
Where: Science Hall 200, CCSF Ocean Campus, 50 Frida Kahlo Way, San Francisco, 94112
Register for CDEV 41B, CRN 53615, ½ unit
Welcome to MakerSPHERE, a network of makerspaces for the CCSF community in San Francisco.
Check out digital and analog fabrication equipment such as laser cutters, 3D printers and shop tools, and experience modern teaching and learning environments equipped for hands-on learning, collaboration and teamwork.
A big thanks to the CCC Maker initiative from the California Community College Chancellor Office Workforce & Economic Development for supporting the creation of MakerSPHERE at CCSF.
- Discover your interests with hands-on projects.
- Tinker with technology, tools, and other fun gadgets.
- Identify careers, choose a major using resources and strategies.
- Learn how to find a job: resumes, interviewing, and networking.
- Get on a pathway to a career or 4 year college.
Join the MakerSPHERE
MakerSPHERE and Maker Studies offer students:
- Learning by making
- Makerspace tools and technologies
- Bringing ideas to life in modern labs and makerspaces
- Exploration of STEAM careers and pathways
Ready to get started?
CCSF Faculty are invited to MakerSPHERE!
- Tour of the makerSPHERE locations
- Learn about makespace equipment and tools
- Plan a maker project for your students
- Integrate making curriculm into your course or program
- Summer 2019 externships related to making and entrepreneurship
Contact us to find out
Maura Devlin-Clancy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Makerspace Equipment and Tools
- Universal Laser Cutter
- Vinyl cutter
- 3D Printers
- Heat press
Paper Craft + Engineering
- X-Acto knives
- Cutting mats
- Bone creaser
- Band saw
- Drill press
- Hand tools
- Solding irons
- Cisco TelePresence
- Soldering irons and material
- Glue guns and tinkering materials
For information about accessing makerpsace equipment and tools,
please contact Maura Devlin-Clancy, email@example.com