Contemporary Embroidery Sampler
Instructor Margaret Timbrell-Hiatt
Learn the art of contemporary hand embroidery while creating a workshopic embroidery sampler! Embroidery can be used to decorate everything from tea towels to clothing, and it’s an easy way to make store-bought items unique. Students will learn some of the most-used embroidery stitches while creating an attractive sampler. You can use your sampler as a reference for future projects or simply hang it on the wall and admire it!
All levels welcome: great for beginners and advanced stitchers alike.
$10.00 payable to the instructor
Fort Mason (2 Marina Blvd – Bldg B, San Francisco, CA 94123)
Materials: (all supplies available for purchase for a $20
• Boho Embroidery book
• 12″ Embroidery hoop
• 14″ Square OR 1 Fat Quarter Solid color fabric
• 1 (or more) skeins embroidery floss
• 1 (or more) balls Perl Cotton embroidery thread
• Embroidery Needles – Assorted Sizes
• Thread Scissors
• Marking Pen/Pencil that will show up on your fabric
I recommend shopping for supplies at Golden Gate Needlepoint, The Hobby Co, the Daiso, or JoAnn’s Fabrics.