Acrylic Painting Series
Instructor Linda Hope
Join instructor Linda Hope for this three workshop series in Acrylic processes. Price includes AR427, The Four Basic Techniques, AR428, Creating Complex Surfaces and AR429, An Image of Endearment. Sign up for the series for a savings of $100!
All levels are welcome.
Image credit: Jennifer Feeley
$15.00 materials fee paid to the instructor
Fort Mason (2 Marina Blvd – Bldg B, San Francisco, CA 94123)
STRETCHED CANVAS or CANVAS BOARD 16 “ x 20” or 18" x 24"
PAINTS (2 oz. tubes unless otherwise indicated)
Week 1: Mars or Ivory Black; Titanium White (5 oz. tube recommended)
Week 2: Add Alizarin Crimson; Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Yellow Medium; Ultramarine Blue; Pthalo Blue
Week 4: Add Burnt Sienna; Yellow Oxide or Yellow Ochre; Dioxyzine Purple; Raw Umber
• Set of Taklon brushes to include a FLAT brush, a FILBERT brush, and a ROUND brush. Get a set where the FLAT or Filbert brush is at least ¾” across.
• Cheap Hardware Store type natural bristle brushes: 1"; 2"; 2.5" - 3"
• If you can afford it get a couple of large brushes with white natural bristles, Filbert and Round shapes OR a white bristle brush set
• Plastic Palette knife, trowel shaped, with about a 4 inch blade.
• Spray bottle. Get one that will produce a fine mist, not the garden variety. The misters are available at cosmetic stores, or in the cosmetic sections at department and drug stores. Pump hairspray bottles work well.
Materials kits will be available at a discount at FLAX Art, located in Building D at Fort Mason.