SLOC Meeting Notes
SLOC Meeting Notes
August 24, 2015
Participants: Sheri Miraglia, Kristina Whalen, Katryn Wiese, Craig Kleinman, Mandy Liang, Elizabeth Stewart, Lauren Muller, Jeff Lamb, Andrea Niosi, Anna Davies
August 24 -- 12-1:30 pm -- Location: Science 45
- The Committee reviewed Spring and Summer assessment reports
- DRAFT: Spring 2015 Process Summary - Feedback is still being solicited. This is an evaluation of the process from Spring - ensuring that facts are correct. There may be some additional effort needed for student services. We need to move this forward - Katryn needs feedback. Please send her edits!
- Once this moves to the final version - it will be sent forward through participatory governance with recommendations. One recommnedation (requirment) is that the college comes up with a plan to support faculty on the weekends and holidays. People doing that support will need admin rights to Curricunet. We have had people submit when they return from holiday. However there was feedback that having it at the same time grades are due creates habits of mind that are useful. Should we consider having emergency resources? Can this be a paid position? 24 hour help desk cannot provide training on how to use software. It would be GREAT if we could get some support from IT, as they are paid for this kind of thing. We discussed a short term and long term fix for this support problem. We will continue to vet out a plan for this.
- Fall changes/plans -
- Fall validation - Question came up as to whether to do validation at the course level, or program level. We discussed an analysis of two of the Curricunet fields - 10% of courses - Curricunet Coordinators will work to develop a plan, rubric and method for norming the application of the rubric.
- SLO related Action items for Accreditation - we went through the list of these action items and all seem to be complete or on track for completion. We went though the list, including the final mapping of IGETC and CSU outcomes to our outcomes. Another topic was the review of course syllabi to ensure that they list SLO's - Deans will be reviewing those campus wide after an initial review from the Chairs.
- GE Area Workgroup Updates (Spring 2015)
- GE Mapping - Important dates for assessment for the college - a window is there in which we are hoping that everyone comes by a drop in help lab to establish mappings between course SLO's and program mapping. Program coordinators will be working with Katryn to learn how to do that mapping. GE mapping will be happening in GE workgroups. As mappings are confirmed in CurricUNET, the mapping will be refined and improved over time. The group talked about coming up with a systematic way to encourage program coordinators to complete this work in an efficient fashion. Jeff and Anna agreed to discuss how they might facilitate coming up with a systematic method for encouraging program coordinators to complete this work.
- October 20th FLEX - Kristina distributed the draft agenda for this professional development day that will be focused again on SLO's. The plan is for about 10 workshops that really support development. The sessions will focus on Cultural, Social and Environmental Awareness. Departments would be encouraged to review data by being asked to produce a deliverable from the department meeting.
Next meeting: Sept 21, 2015