March 20, 2013
Wednesday, March 20th, 3:30-5 pm in S5
- Testing of report v.3 (and discussion of using Google
- Getting a Google Mail account and requiring everyone to have one if they want to complete forms seemed a reasonable request considering benefit re: editing & accreditation -- Basic consensus: do it.
- Form edits for v.3: streamline! Remove "Other" page and "Highlights" page. Make instructions more robust on which semester events are happening. Future plans will be shorter and recognize the tentativeness of plans.
- Form will be available May
15th, and folks will be encouraged to complete it alongside
final class grades -- before Summer Break -- as the focus is 90%
on what was already completed -- with an indication of expected
plans to continue SLO assessment the following or future
semesters. Any significant extra work should be listed as a
- To encourage folks to complete by early June, we'll gather incentive "gifts" for a raffle. Everyone who has submitted a report by a particular data will be eligible. Where coordination of multiple sections is required, more raffle tickets will be "assigned."
- Workshops and Chair Guidance will assist with expectations -- this process doesn't end. Start now.
- Student workers will assist with developing a document that matches forms exactly, so folks have something to fill out in preparation for the online form.
- Professional Development needs
- SLO Coordinator position -- year 2 -- how to get folks to
consider this position? Great for folks who are interested in:
- Promoting teaching and learning excellence