SLO Support & Prof Development
** Drop-in and Zoom support schedules **
- Mondays, 12:30-1:30 pm, in Batmale 313, the TLC (Dave/Janey)
- Tuesdays, 12:30-2:30 pm, in Batmale 313, the TLC (Craig)
- Wednesdays, 9:30-11:30 am, in Statler Wing, Rm 10, the library, by appt only (contact email@example.com)
- Wednesdays, 3-5 pm, online ZOOM support (Janey). Join @ https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/182816142
- Fridays, 10-11 am, online ZOOM support (Dave). Join @ https://zoom.us/j/3423955423
You may still use this Support Request Form to request help from a SLO coordinator. Please be patient. No help guaranteed during holidays, weekends, and breaks.
Why meet with a SLO coordinator?
--Work on and discuss outcomes assessment approaches
--Analyze CurrIQunet results
--Write or revise learning outcomes
--Ensure that outcomes resonate in a course outline
--Review outcomes mapping to GE or programs
--Produce aggregate reports
--Examine course or program aggregate reports
--Disaggregate data with ARGOS
--Troubleshoot technological issues (very rare)
--Chat about anything related to learning outcomes
--Plus they're very nice!
Technical encounters in CurrIQunet: few quick tips--
- If you cannot find a saved assessment draft in CurrIQunet, click the grey Curriculum box (top-center) and select Assessment. Scroll your queue for the draft. Make sure it's a 2019 draft! You might also type the CRN # in the search tool.
- If you come to a drop-in lab, please know your RAM ID (i.e.,login & password) and your course CRN number[s].
- If you email for help, please include the CRN in question.
- If your CRN or year does not appear in CurrIQunet, make sure that you don't already have an existing draft of your report completed. (Click the gray curriculum button, choose assessment, and then review for drafts; you may have only one fully functional draft at a time. Open then delete the extra one.)
- If your scroll wheel is not working to view all courses/CRNs, use the down arrow key to tab through the options.
- Review all boxes carefully before hitting LAUNCH. When you launch a proposal, you are officially submitting your report.
- Give the online manual and video guides a chance!
Recent Professional Development
October 15, 2019
Get. It. Done. Curriculum and Assessment!
Fall Flex Event, Tues, Oct 15, 9:45-11:15, Arts Ext 168
Work with members of the Curriculum Committee and the SLO team—plus your department colleagues—to write, rewrite, and/or discuss assessments and outlines. Is the lack of a recent aggregate assessment holding back a course or program outline from curriculum tech review? Is your new or modified course outline just not coming together? Do your learning outcomes read like they’re from 1999? Does your proposal need to be more student-centered? Are you worried about deadlines? Take advantage of this chance to collaborate with others in a computerized classroom to Get. It. Done.
February 5, 2019, FLEX DAY
Departmental Conversations about ILO 2B!
Jump to the Flex Day Google Form to document your discussion notes
SLO Aggregate Assessments and Updating SLO Language: Let's Get It Done Together!
Janey Skinner, Sheri Miraglia, SLO Coordinators
1:15 - 3:15pm, Batmale 313, the TLC
When updating curriculum, we naturally look back at recent semesters to see how we're doing and what needs improvement. SLO course-level and program-level (aggregate) assessments can help you do that. Updating curriculum often involves revisiting the SLOs themselves -- do they reflect what you want students to leave the course with? How well do they map to GE? Come to this workshop to get started on your own aggregate assessments for courses or programs you plan to update in the next 18 months and/or to get help on revising your SLOs.