Resource Center for Distance Learning Faculty
Federal, State, and ACCJC guidelines provide specific course quality recommendations and standards for distance learning. Important materials for faculty teaching online related to such guidelines as well as information on a variety of topics related to distance learning can be found in the Faculty Resource Center for Distance Learning in Canvas Only faculty teaching online at CCSF have access to the Resource Center. Canvas Faculty Resource Center topics include:
- Last Date of Attendance
- Regular Effective Contact
- Distance Integrity
- Retention and Success Rates
- Tools to Improve Student Learning
- Library and Learning Resources
Communication from the Ed Tech Department to faculty teaching online classes is done via the onliners list-serv. Emails include information such as class loads, Insight, roll-over specifics, etc. Only faculty who are teaching online are included in the list-serv.
Faculty Resource Center for Distance Learning Faculty
Specific information for faculty teaching online classes is found in the Faculty Resource Center for Distance Learning in Canvas. Only faculty teaching online at CCSF have access to the Resource Center.
- Online Classes:
- All regular start full semester online classes will open on the first day of the semester at 10 am. Students are responsible for checking their instructor's website for important class details. Links to instructor websites can be found in the Class Schedule.
- Log in/Password Information:
- All students who are enrolled in regular start online classes will receive an email with the subject, "Welcome to your Online Class at CCSF" sent to their CCSFmail address user name and password information.
- Adding Students to Canvas
- Students are added to their online classes automatically. Contact the Educational Technology Department if you find discrepancies between your class list and your online class enrollment..
- Late-start Classes
- Students will be added to late-start classes with the initial upload on the first day of regular start classes. Adds/drops will be done throughout the semester.
- More information?
- For more information visit the Resource Center for Distance Learning Faculty located in Insight (available only to faculty who teach online). All faculty teaching an online class have access to the Resource Center.
Educational Technology Department Meetings