FREN 4 Continuation of Intermediate French (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: FREN 2
or 2B or demonstration of exit skills
Fourth semester course. Reading of representative literary works; review of grammar and composition. Increased emphasis on speaking. Conducted in French.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate accurate reading and text comprehension skills at an advanced intermediate level.
- Outcome 2: Compose oral and written texts setting out and defending points of view on controversial subjects
- Outcome 3: Converse in French on complex societal issues.
- Outcome 4: Summarize current media texts in French.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate a command of elements of the history and culture of the Frenchspeaking world.