FREN 3B Intermediate French (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: FREN 2
or 2B or demonstration of FREN 2
or 2B exit skills.
Review of grammar and composition; reading of cultural materials. Constant practice in the use and comprehension of the spoken language. Conducted in French.
Requires an additional 1 hour.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Speak at an Intermediate-Mid level (in accordance with the ACTFL standards).
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate comprehension of spoken French at the Intermediate-Mid level.
- Outcome 3: Comprehend and analyze a wide range of written texts at an intermediate level (e.g. literary text, magazine or newspaper).
- Outcome 4: Produce coherent arguments in French.
- Outcome 5: Articulate concepts of historical events, political changes and social issues of Francophone culture.