FREN 3A Intermediate French (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: FRENCH 2 or 2B or demonstration of FREN 2
or 2B exit skills.
Review of grammar and composition; reading of cultural materials. Constant practice in the use and comprehension of the spoken language. Conducted in French.
Non-Sequential. FREN 3A + 3B = FREN 3
Offered Fall semesters
Requires an additional 1 hour.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Speak at an intermediate level with grammatical accuracy and intelligible pronunciation about the cultural and cinematographic themes covered in the course.
- Outcome 2: Understand spoken French at the intermediate level on the same topics.
- Outcome 3: Comprehend written French prose (e.g., a film critique from a major newspaper or an extract of a French novel) at the intermediate level.
- Outcome 4: Write French prose, such as a summary of a film, at the intermediate level
- Outcome 5: Articulate aesthetic judgments about French cinema as a cultural product.