FREN 3 Intermediate French (5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: FREN 2
or 2B or demonstration of FREN 2/2B exit skills.
Reading of intermediate-level French prose, associated grammar review and essay composition, constant practice in the use and comprehension of the spoken language. Study of culture through film and excerpts of various texts (articles, novels or informational texts specifically written for our textbook).
FREN 3=FREN 3A+3B
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Speak at an intermediate-mid level (in accordance to the ACTFL standards).
- Outcome 2: Converse in French at the intermediate-mid level.
- Outcome 3: Comprehend and analyze a wide range of written texts at an intermediate level (e.g., literary text, magazine or newspaper).
- Outcome 4: Produce coherent arguments in written French.
- Outcome 5: Explain historical events, political changes, and social issues of Francophone culture through films.