FREN 2A Continuation of Elementary French (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Continuation of elementary grammar, composition and reading. Continued practice in speaking and understanding French.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Discuss their daily routine in the present and in the past tense, narrate and describe events that took place in the past (combining two past tenses, imperfect and passe compose), speak with grammatical accuracy and intelligible pronunciation at the novice level and respond to any daily situation at the novice level.
- Outcome 2: Understand spoken French in order to respond to spoken French at the novice level and to make intuitive guesses on the content of a lecture, an authentic video or recording on any familiar topic at the novice level.
- Outcome 3: Read in order to comprehend the main elements of a written text (e.g. literary text, magazine or newspaper), be able to report on it in French, and appraise differences of styles (literary vs. technical or business).
- Outcome 4: Compose short compositions incorporating the principles of present, past and future tense syntax as introduced at this level and to be able to express their opinion in a clear and legible manner at the novice level
- Outcome 5: Compare and contrast aspects of Francophone cultures.