FREN 23 French Phonetics (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to the French phonological system with attention given to spoken French and its differences with written French. Emphasis on skills of pronunciation, oral expression and comprehension rather than on conversation or discussion.
May not be offered every semester.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate substantial knowledge of the French phonetic system.
- Outcome 2: Identify and utilize the sounds from the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) used in the French Language. (Students will not be expected to write the phonetic symbols but only read them.)
- Outcome 3: Comprehend spoken French more easily
- Outcome 4: Pronounce French and express himseltlherself orally more effectively.
- Outcome 5: Avoid interference of his/her native language.