FREN 11B Advanced Conversational French (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: FREN 10E
or 3 or 3A+3B or demonstration of FREN 10E
, 3, or 3A+3B exit skills.
Students will consolidate their grammatical acquisitions, practice their listening and reading skills and attain speaking proficiency while learning about Francophone cinema. They will exchange viewpoints on the various movies seen in class and discuss social and cultural values of the country of origin of each movie
Offered on occasion
Requires an additional 1 hour.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Synthesize information without hesitation and with near-native fluency.
- Outcome 2: Identify and use complex structures when interacting orally.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate knowledge on current events, classical literature and contemporary history in the Francophone world.
- Outcome 4: Sustain arguments and participate effectively in conversations with native French speakers
- Outcome 5: Make sophisticated oral reports.