FIN 136 Introduction to Financial Planning (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Nothing happens without a plan, and this class will help you develop financial plans in your personal life to buy a house, invest, and understand the importance of starting to save for retirement right away! This class is also useful as preparation for university-level classes in Finance.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Solve typical problems in personal financial planning.
- Outcome 2: Evaluate the functions and operations of financial markets, institutions and instruments to the extent necessary for personal planning.
- Outcome 3: Analyze and manage personal risk.
- Outcome 4: Calculate the value of basic real and financial assets commonly encountered in a financial planning context.
- Outcome 5: Analyze investments typically encountered in personal financial planning, incorporating the appropriate use of credit.