FIN 110 Principles of Risk Management (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
The fields of risk, risk management, and insurance, including the legal elements of risk and contracts. Designed for any business student who is interested in learning about risk management, legal contracts, and financial risk, as well as those interested in the insurance industry.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Assess the major concepts in the analysis and management of risk.
- Outcome 2: Describe the legal elements of contracts and liability and apply them to risk management.
- Outcome 3: Compare the characteristics of insurance and how these may change in the future.
- Outcome 4: Appraise the various segments of the insurance industry, how they function, and how they are constrained.
- Outcome 5: Compare personal and commercial insurance needs and insurance contracts.