FASH 67B Computerized Pattern Development: Gerber (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Overview of the functions and capabilities of the Gerber computerized pattern development system. Industry pattern development including drafting, modifying, and grading patterns. Digitizing and plotting patterns.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe how computers are integrated into the modern design and production facility.
- Outcome 2: Create, store and access digital pattern files using Gerber.
- Outcome 3: Digitally draft basic pattern blocks using Gerber.
- Outcome 4: Modify digital pattern blocks to create patterns for original styles using Gerber.
- Outcome 5: Digitize full-size paper patterns to create digital patterns using Gerber.
- Outcome 6: Grade styles to achieve multiple sizes using Gerber.