FASH 64 Textile Design I (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Dyeing, painting and printing on silk and cotton. Students design and pattern fabric with tie-dye, block printing, batik, relief printing, mono-printing, screen-printing, floral and paisley designs.
All sections will charge a material fee of $30.00
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Summarize the history and use of dyes and the historical applications of textiles.
- Outcome 2: Describe the textile design techniques of stencil, stamp, block printing, monoprinting and tie and dye
- Outcome 3: Describe textile design techniques of batik, relief and thermo-fax screen printing
- Outcome 4: Choose appropriate materials and supplies that relate to textile design
- Outcome 5: Create a series of textile design samples suitable for textile production