FASH 6055 Beginning Upholstery
Upholstering as a trade. Focusing on the skills necessary for upholstering new and existing residential and commercial upholstered furniture. Upholstering as a professional business - wholesale or retail, including fabric and pattern layout, sewing.
All sections will charge a materials fee of $55.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify safety practices when working with upholstery tools.
- Outcome 2: Recognize the supplies used to upholster chairs.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate a knowledge of the steps used in upholstering a chair.
- Outcome 4: Select appropriate fabrics and trims for chairs.
- Outcome 5: Construct an upholstered chair.