FASH 6008 Weaving Tapestry
Integrating traditional Aubusson tapestry techniques with contemporary techniques and materials. All levels: beginning - samplers; intermediate - cartoons; advanced - approved, pre-planned pieces.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Assess and construct frame looms.
- Outcome 2: Evaluate and select materials used in the creation of tapestry designs.
- Outcome 3: Construct tapestries and apply technical skills using a range of specific techniques including slit weaves, interlock, hachure, lazy lines, outlines, seeding, and soumak.
- Outcome 4: Design a cartoon (drawing idea for weaving) and develop an approach to implementing and interpreting the design.
- Outcome 5: Compare a variety of finishing techniques, mountain, and presentation.
- Outcome 6: Create a tapestry sampler of small tapestry works integrating tapestry techniques in both traditional Aubusson style and contemporary approaches to design.