FASH 56 Fashion Writing and Publicity (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
The field of fashion writing and publicity offers a wide range of careers. Students will learn how to write trend reports, press releases, photo captions, runway critiques and create a fashion blog.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Prepare a report on fashion trends in women's exhibited in an event such as Fashion Week in New York or Europe.
- Outcome 2: Evaluate writing styles offashion writing samples from leading fashion publications or periodicals and websites.
- Outcome 3: Compose a press release for a local fashion event or designer brand.
- Outcome 4: Assess the Bay Area fashion scene.
- Outcome 5: Create a fashion blog, take photos and compare existing fashion blogs.