FASH 54B Advanced Fashion Styling (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
This hands-on, field-based course teaches the skills required of various types of professional stylists. Students will be guided through the process of developing a professional styling portfolio which they can present to prospective clients.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Interpret the evolution of fashion and the zeitgeist from the twentieth century to present day.
- Outcome 2: Create an on-line brand as a stylist through social media that distinguishes an aesthetic, taste level and styling point of view.
- Outcome 3: Consider business tools and resources that best support the styling career being developed.
- Outcome 4: Organize and execute a fashion photo shoot.
- Outcome 5: Design a digital portfolio composed of curated works ranging from fashion editorials to still life.
- Outcome 6: nil